15/01/11

Amebix-Beyond the Sun

Beyond the sun

well you never flew the colours
and I never saw you bend a knee
to any man
but you were never short of brothers
there was always someone
holding out a helping hand
well, I remember the summer
we were riding to a show
and our road went on forever
so we were riding nice and slow
and then I heard the band play
and the sun broke through the sky
it was a fine day for a funeral ya
but I never wanted you to die
no one ever wanted you to die
we were waiting at the crossroads
when I saw you wiping out
some metal box just slipped down
right into the side of you
I was screaming
I was screaming
I was screaming
but nothing was coming out
they always said you were
a dark horse
because you rode the land alone
but you know I think the real reason was
that you were always riding home
and your road goes on forever
the sun will always shine
one day we'll be together
when we cross the final line
when we cross the line
if I turn to you and call you a friend
when all is said and all is done
will you meet me on the other side
seven million miles beyond the sun


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento